Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Elle's Birthday Dinner!



Hey... I am back!
I had a dinner party for Elle, well it was her birthday and she created a menu of her favorites that I cook.

MENU...
chopped salad (fresh fennel, celery, sweet onions, feta, tomatoes, mandarin oranges, pine nuts tossed in a honey mustard vinaigrette with wasabi and lemon added)

eggplant towers (pan fry eggplant slices dipped in egg and tossed in panko and flour and garlic salt... stack eggplant then mozzarella , tomato, fresh basil, eggplant, drizzle with a tomato vinaigrette)

poached salmon stacks (garlic mashed potatoes on plate in center then shredded yellow squash lightly pan sauteed in a butter cream sauce, then I cut the poached salmon into squares
and placed a square on top of the squash.. drizzle of the cream sauce and garnished with fresh dill.)

OK<>
Of course I did a cake! One on my wacky towers.. very fun, devils food with a tower of red velvet all iced with cream cheese frosting and accents of dark double fudge..

I believe all 9 of us had fun, ate well and went home a little fattier and happier!

WRITE TO ME FOR RECIPES..... Love, Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment