Friday, May 15, 2009

I have Todd on my mind....

Hello All,
Back on March 9th I wrote about a friend of mine Todd ... He and his brother Jack came for dinner while Mary went away to visit her daughter..  
Well,  I can't believe I am going to say this out loud..  but, He died Tuesday night at 5:40pm.  
Daddy and I went to see him Sunday night..  It broke my heart to see him laboring so to breathe and in so much pain..  and to see the lovely Mary steadfastly standing by his side, holding his hand.. swiping his lips with water, caressing his head..  The love was so apparent..  truly a moment of love , grace and dignity for them both.  I will miss him always.  He was a big part of my life and the very best friend.  He was always there for me.. Thanks Todd.  He is to have a memorial service tomorrow, Saturday at 10am.  Mary called and said.. "help"
and of course I was waiting hoping to be of some help..  so I will help to do the food for the reception..  more about that later..  but for now..  

My letter to Todd.....

Todd, 
Well my dear sweet loving friend.. You have gone and I am missing you. We have been such good friends, family really, for a long time.. Photo shoots, TV shows, dinner parties, music, the pool, Bubba the yard guy..... All the things you loved. You fought so hard this past year and a half against this horrible disease.. I am so desperately sorry that you lost.... but, I will forever be grateful that you left us surrounded by those you love most.. Mary, Alex and you Mom Gretchen. You died a Hero, with elegance and grace and dignity. 
God Bless You, Todd and keep me in your heart as I will forever keep you in mine.. 

Tracey 




No comments:

Post a Comment